Today is a day we remember. We remember the men, the women, who marched and flew and drove and rode.
We remember their sacrifice, their bravery. How they were often hard used, left damaged in spirit and body. And yet volunteered more.
How some came back broken. How some never came back at all.
Today is a day for the ghosts. For the memory. For honoring those who fought, and those who served behind the the lines – or all too often, right at the lines.
Take a day to see them, to hear the tales they had to tell. I recommend The Memory Project for some stories – here’s one from my Grandmother Pearl.
I think we’d all be better people if we sacrificed just a small portion of what they did.
Jamie L, Scoottoronto Editor.
- Remembering among the ghosts. November 11, 2020
- The Elephant in the Bike Lane: E-Bikes in Ontario November 6, 2020
- Scoottoronto Scooter Stable: It’s time for a change June 26, 2020
- The Junk Run – we’ve decided on a Plan. June 11, 2020
- Scootering in the time of Isolation: Thoughts on the Pandemic April 23, 2020
1 week ago
We have something special coming out next week - an interview with what may be the greatest sub 50cc badass Canadian rider ever.
We're not going to spoil things, but it involves almost 20,000 kilometres travelled, a machine with pedals, and 97 days.
Keep an eye out next week for the article and link - It'll be worth the read. ... See MoreSee Less